Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Brooch & Costume Jewelry Necklace // DIY

Hello again, friends! I hope you had a fantastic week. Ready to see what we're making today?

Lately I've been loving bib necklaces with beautifully intricate details.

So I decided to make one for myself (on a budget!)



Thank you to my beautiful roommate & friend Melody for modeling! :)

Want to know how to make your own?

Here's what you'll need:
-old brooches, bracelets, necklaces, costume jewelry - anything you like!
-hot glue gun
-felt
-ribbon


Here's what you do:

1. Cut the chains off of necklaces, backs off of earrings, etc. 

2. Lay the pieces out on the felt like you want them to look on the necklace. Fill all the gaps and try not to have any empty spaces. 

3. Hot glue all the pieces to the felt.



4. Cut around the felt as close to the brooch and jewelry pieces as possible.


5. Cut two pieces of ribbon long enough to tie around your neck, including enough length to tie a bow. Hot glue the pieces of ribbon to the felt.



And that's it! Now you have a beautiful bib necklace to show off!


If you aren't an official member/follower of my blog yet and you have a google, yahoo, or twitter account, sign in and join my site! I'd love to have you following along!

Elemental Carbon is also now on Facebook!
________________________________________________________________________

"Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."
-Hebrews 13:5

Have a great week!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.